Wednesday 13 September 2017

cross country

Cross country


On Wednesday Frankley school had their cross country. 10 and 11 year old boys went first, that was Slater and I. Slater and I were so nervous. Mr Ritai was talking to us and to be honest I did not really listen. I tapped Slater on the back to wish Slater good luck,.  
  Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 9.39.12 AM.png The race had  nearly started. Mr Ritai said 3,2,1 GO!! We were off!! The race started, there was so much stomping it was like wilderbeasts stampeding. We went into the farm there was so much mud and someone accidentally pushed me, I nearly fell over in the mud. We struggled up the hill but it was easy running down. When I finished the farm section, I said to myself alright the hard bit is over and my favourite part was running behind the hall and then coming out because every one claps and cheers for you!  
The next lap
The next lap was harder because I was so tired. I went behind the hall everyone clapped again. I ran around the field and burst down the finish shoot at the end. I came 5th overall and felt thankful it was over!!

  
   

    

1 comment:

  1. You have really captured the mood of your photo Cormac. You kept me hooked right through your writing. Your training leading up to the event certainly ensured that you were competitive. How much of a difference does the crowd make when you are running?

    ReplyDelete